I am looking for rubber bands that are not too elastic.

I remember with LEGO there were rubber bands used as a belt between rotating pieces:

enter image description here

They weren't the usual rubber bands that you can stretch much more:

enter image description here

Do you know what is their name?

2 Answers 2


O-rings are typically made from a firmer rubber than a rubber band. They will stretch but not as much. They come in all sizes, so you're going to have a shopping quest ahead of you, but "O-ring" is probably the best search term for you.

enter image description here

O-Ring Google Image Search


The lego parts were small drive belts. They're used in other applications such as record players. Similar parts are available (e.g. from CPC or Maplin in the UK, Amazon or eBay everywhere).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.