What do you call those little round rubber things in door jambs?

Those things are used to prevent the door from hitting the jamb. It's kind of like a little round bumper.

2 Answers 2


I don't know if this is the "official" name, but if you search online for "Cabinet Bumper", I believe you will find exactly the item you are looking for. So it could be assumed that is what they are called - you already answered your own question. Some alternative names I saw:

  • Surface Bumper
  • Bumper Pad
  • Yep... bumper pad, or just bumper.
    – JRaef
    Commented Aug 12, 2020 at 19:40

They are variously called the following:

  • door silencers
  • cabinet door bumpers
  • noise dampening bumpers

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.