I am trying to see whether or not I satisfy conditions to buy Linear WD500Z-1 Z-Wave 500-watt Wall Mount Dimmer Switch. Here is the picture of wiring I currently have:
Just to provide more info:
- I'm looking to replace two left x10 switches.
- Third switch, the first one on the right, is a part of 3 way setup and I wouldn't touch it for now.
- Wiring situation is quite simple - we have 2 yellow and 1 orange cap
- To left yellow cap goes yellow (from wall) and black (from switch). Picture can fool you that red is also connected to that cap, but it's not... it's just yellow and black.
- Middle, orange cap is connected with red (hot) from all switches. I've connected blue from x10 switches to red (probably should have used black, but for x10 switch it doesn't make difference)
- To right yellow cap goes purple (from wall) and black (from switch)
So, the questions that I have:
- Is that white wire in the back neutral that I need for Z Wave switches?
- There are two white wires in the back, how do I know which one to use? And do I need to connect each wire to a different switch?
- How would I use white wire? Just cut it and then split it and connect to light switch?
- How to be 100% sure that white wire is neutral? For line and load I understand that I can buy Fluke Voltage Tester... but can I buy something better that'll tell me whether or not line is neutral?