That looks like resin to me.
Heavy on resin, light on pigment.
Did you thoroughly and completely stir the paint first? When I'm dealing with paint that has sat 2 years, it can take me 15 minutes to get it throughly stirred back - most of it is a very heavy lump of "clay" at the bottom of the can.
That "clay" is primarily the pigment -- the part that gives color to paint. What's more, as it settles, it tends to settles in layers -- my gray marine primer comes up pure black as I start to stir it, but grays up as I get deeper into the "clay" and stir up the white parts of the pigment.
As you can see, someone who does not know about stirring paint, or stirs for a few seconds and abandons any effort to dig into the "clay", will find themselves with very much the wrong color, and far less pigment in their paint than they were expecting.
Also note that with the newer low-VOC latex paints, they do not have enough nasty toxic VOCs to suppress growth of mold. As such, old paint can bloom with mold. You'll know it when you open the can - the paint will stink! And most people think "well, it's normal for paint to stink" - true generally, but these low-VOC paints should not smell like that. And then they apply it to walls, and they have a nightmare on their hands because the smell Never Goes Away. They have no choice but total removal of the bad paint - the hard way. All that to say, you should be frightened of old latex paint.