I want to move my toilet over horizontally by 6 inches. Is there an "S" shape pipe piece I can use to connect my existing plumbing to my toilet?

Is there any other simple solution to getting this done? Anything that is shy of having to re-plumb the 4 inch pipe going to the bowl is desirable.

Here is some context on the toilet project... the toilet in question is in a 2nd floor bathroom. Since I am taking things down to the studs I can pull up the sub floor and expose the pipe. The pipe is plastic.

  • 1
    You might run into trouble depending on where the joists are, it's hard to tell until you pull up the floor.
    – Tester101
    May 5, 2011 at 20:50

1 Answer 1


If you strip down the floor, it is an easy job to extend the 4 inch PVC to the new closet flange. You have to have a new closet flange anyway, so a coupling, 6 inches of pipe, a new elbow and you're in business.

Re-plumb it and avoid a lot of grief in your life, like leaks coming down through the ceiling. The Micky Mouse adapter in the last answer is completely unacceptable for toilet waste.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.