My shower has a mixer valve capsule whose only marking is GOBO 21411. You can see it in the pictures attached below.

Can see marking here GOBO 21411 enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

Thus far I know that "DANCO Cartridge for Glacier Bay Single-Handle Tub/Shower Faucets | Works for Hot & Cold Water Applications | Faucet Repair (10321)" does NOT replace it, as I bought it and it's bigger than the capsule. What is the right replacement part, or aftermarket part for this?

Googling tells me GOBO is Glacier Bay, but I have no idea if that's right.

Here is a picture of the shower faucet mount,

enter image description here

  • Take the old one shopping with you and compare side-by-side.
    – gnicko
    Commented Aug 31, 2022 at 19:19
  • I did, to three home depots. Commented Aug 31, 2022 at 20:21
  • 1
    Maybe you should try an actual plumbing supply store instead. They'll actually know what they're talking about and will have a significantly larger inventory and knowledge base.
    – FreeMan
    Commented Sep 1, 2022 at 11:40
  • Agree with FreeMan. This kind of thing is something you'd buy from a plumbing supply house. BigBox stores are only really good if you already know exactly what you want and happen to be lucky enough to have them carry it. Home Depot is likely to only carry the 10 most popular ones...or fewer.
    – gnicko
    Commented Sep 2, 2022 at 21:25
  • You can buy it online, I self answered this question @gnicko. Commented Sep 2, 2022 at 21:40

1 Answer 1


The part that I bought that replaced this was

It comes with the "Seats and Springs". But this didn't ultimately solve my problem with the water not mixing: it did solve my problem with the faucet handle leaking. I ended up having to replace "Pressure Balance Spool". I used

Which worked in the picture above, this is the larger bolt head to the immediate right of the faucet handle.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.