I am attempting to find a replacement for this probably 30-year-old faucet cartridge. The faucet is the two-handle style, and both cartridges have rusted over the years. I was able to free up the left side with heat and gentle tapping, but the right side's stem snapped off while trying to free it up, so now I need a replacement cartridge.

There don't seem to be any identifying marks on the cartridge/stem itself, and I cannot find the maker's mark on the faucet earlier. I've tried scouring all the online cartridge and faucet catalogues I could find, but I haven't had any luck. This cartridge looked very similar, but upon finding the Danco 10472 4Z-24H/C Stem in a local hardware store, it is actually shorter than the cartridge I removed.

The cartridge seems to be 2.75" long and has 16 splines on the head. The stem fits snugly into a size C stem gauge they had at Home Depot. The length gauge at Home Depot showed it as slightly longer than a regular length 6, which I thought was odd.

Any tips on identifying this cartridge, or if anyone knows the part number, would be greatly appreciated.


Photo with measuring tape Photo in hand Photo mounted in sink

  • great, now bring it to the store
    – Traveler
    Commented Apr 7 at 1:04
  • 1
    @Traveler I brought it to my local Ace, Home Depot, and Lowe's, but none had it in stock or in their inventory systems. I'm open to any other advice you may have. Commented Apr 7 at 1:31
  • Are those makings on the metal part above the black part I see ??61??
    – Traveler
    Commented Apr 7 at 3:01
  • 5
    If you’re lucky, you’ll have a real plumbing supply place to go to. Forget the bigger stores for almost anything old. Commented Apr 8 at 13:49
  • 1
    +1 for bring it to a real plumbing supply store. Commented Apr 9 at 20:59

1 Answer 1


Looks like a fairly generic 2 3/4 inch (but need to measure!) ceramic disc cartridge for cold water.

If you google that term, you'll find a bunch of ones on amazon and places like kingston brass. I suspect that something like a https://www.kingstonbrass.com/products/kingston-brass-ksrp3120cc-rough

might work, but you could just buy a bunch and test them.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.