I have a 12 year old (circa 2009) Samsung refrigerator, model RFG237AARS, compressor BK190C-L2C. Recently, out of the blue, it stopped cooling and fridge/freezer were close to room temp. I unplugged, took off the grill in the back, cleaned the condenser coils. Next day I plugged it back in, and after a few minutes the fan was spinning and everything. However, the fridge showed temps:
- 10m after plugging in: 40 freezer, 65 fridge
- after 30m: 39 freezer, 62 fridge
- after 1 hour: 39 freezer, 61 fridge
- after 2 hour: 39 freezer, 61 fridge (i gave up here thinking it wouldn't cool more, but then...)
- after 5 hour: 4 freezer, 44 fridge
- after 5:20 hour: 4 freezer, 50 fridge
- after 5:30 hour: 4 freezer, 54 fridge ... started heating back up. ... update
- Started cooling back down at some point, and stayed cool overnight.
So clearly it CAN cool when it wants to. What could be wrong?