Previous owners had a cat or some other devil beast. How do I repair this?

Pretty sure I should just buy new moulding... but how do I repair the actual frame? Sand-able wood putty or filler? Any recommendations?enter image description here

  • Maybe I cant tell what is wrong with the frame from this picture. It seems like damage is 9g% on the molding on the edge. If you replace that with a new piece and repaint that might be enough. If it were my house I would just repaint it. Old house character. If some one asked I would mutter something about the "devil cat".
    – Willk
    Apr 11, 2021 at 16:48
  • @Willk the majority of the damage is on the casing, but there’s a little bit in the jamb too. I’m looking for product type recommendations to fill and sand. Woodfill? Putty? Something else? Apr 11, 2021 at 16:53

1 Answer 1


Replace the moulding and get a little wood filler to fill the other scratches the paint. This isn't that bad.



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.