We had an addition built on our house recently. While adding on, the screws popped through the drywall in the original portion of our house. The screws have cause a small raised bulge every 6” along every corner of the room.

How do I repair the screws that have popped beneath corner tape. Can I take a razer blade to each of the bulges to smooth them out and then mud over it?

  • 3
    need a lot of pictures to answer
    – DMoore
    Mar 15, 2021 at 17:02

1 Answer 1


Yes you'll want to scrape off the raised section. You want to probably add new screws 1" above and below any bulges as well since the movement that caused the screw pops has likely torn the paper which gives drywall all its strength. Then refinish with drywall compound before priming and painting

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.