I have a 2 handle bathroom faucet which says Peerless on the underside. It came with the house when I bought it and I don't have the packaging or manual for it. I am trying to identify the correct stem unit assembly for it to stop a small drip and I know how you have to get the right part for the right faucet or it will not fit. I tried the website for Peerless and the 3 candidates I came up with for replacement part are (although none look like the replacement part):

  1. RP70201 - Got a pack, doesn't fit
  2. RP71444 - Doesn't match the look of the old part, but it is a replacement for many models. Could try that next
  3. RP41701 - Doesn't match the look of the old part, but readily available

So is there anywhere/any way I can tell for sure. I could post a picture of my faucet if helpful. I could even uninstall my old cartridge and post a picture of that if it helps.

  • The brand is Peerless, perhaps you need the model...
    – Solar Mike
    Commented Jun 9, 2020 at 5:52
  • @SolarMike Exactly, but I don't know the model, so I am stuck
    – demongolem
    Commented Jun 9, 2020 at 12:07

3 Answers 3


Since the cartridge is out, take it to a plumbing supply house not your local big-box home improvement center.

Odds are very good that they'll either

  • know off the top of their heads,
  • be able to find a part number that you're missing,
  • or just simply walk to the back and open 12 boxes looking for one that matches and sell you that one.

One additional tip: Call ahead. Some places will only sell wholesale, i.e. to commercial plumbers. Others will sell retail, i.e. to you.


Although @FreeMan gives sound advice, I really don't have anybody to go to, especially in the current half-closed world. So I bought RP41701, and although the base of the cartridge looked slightly different than the old part, it actually did fit and lo and behold I have hot water without any drip. Problem solved.

  • Glad you got it fixed, and thanks for reporting back in to let us know.
    – FreeMan
    Commented Jun 16, 2020 at 10:37

On the Peerless customer support page, click Contact Us to get to a web form to request help.

There you can upload a photo of the faucet so they can identify the faucet model and its parts.

  • Ok, I gave it a try. I will let you know if they can identify it.
    – demongolem
    Commented Jun 9, 2020 at 5:50
  • Peerless never returned my email. Although they did send me a survey link wanting to know how their service was.
    – demongolem
    Commented Jun 16, 2020 at 0:45
  • Bummer. In contrast, BrassCraft answered which parts to get before I opened a shut-off valve and that I should do all the valves in the house. They were right on both counts.
    – Jerry101
    Commented Jun 16, 2020 at 4:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.