Located under all the "AM/PM Kitchen" (bedroom) sinks in the house:

Mystery Component

It adapts the 3/8 PEX output from the mixer valve to 1/4 PEX to the spigot. The thing that looks like a valve does not appear to do anything.

Sorry I don't have a banana for scale, but it is a fairly small item as you can tell from the 3/8 and 1/4 inch PEX at the top.

It also appears to be totally devoid of brand or part markings.

The faucet is probably Delta™, but because the valve and the spigot are separate items, it is possible that they are not the same brand.

I am looking for proper terminology, or a link to a product page, etc.

Or just informative observations.

  • 3
    Do you know the maker of the faucet? That would be the first place to research. – Alaska Man Dec 17 '18 at 18:57
  • It almost looks like a sediment filter with cleanout plug – John Canon Dec 18 '18 at 2:36

I discovered the answer to my own question. I went to the Delta™ site after looking up Delta™ faucets on Amazon™, and discovered that this widget is indeed an integral part of the spigot -- it allows Delta™ sprayers to be plugged in and functions as the diverter. Or the diverter receptacle.

Unfortunately Delta™ doesn't offer a mating sprayer in the nickel finish that they sold this faucet in.

Alaska Man gets the kewpie doll for suggesting that I look at the faucet manufacturer website. I had been assuming that the widget was a separate component, and had not ever considered the idea that it was part of the faucet!

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.