I have a slow draining tub so I tried taking out the stopper but after unscrewing the stopper and the overflow plate there isn't anything more I could do, it seems like there is a one-peice L shaped rod from the lever to the stopper, I cant move one without the other, and I see no way to take it appart. Does anyone know about it and how to take it out? its not the plunger type neither the regular linkage type. Kohler brand.

  • This answer might help.
    – Tester101
    Commented May 24, 2017 at 10:32
  • Its not one of those.
    – aofkj
    Commented May 24, 2017 at 13:20
  • 2
    Can you post some photos? Is it a toe push stopper, or is there a lever that actuates the stopper?
    – Tester101
    Commented May 24, 2017 at 14:04
  • I realize getting a response is unlikely as this post is quite old, but I have this exact same problem. Same set up, original from 1940s. Were you able to get it out anyway? Commented Sep 30, 2018 at 2:43
  • Unfortunately No. I had to cut the wall in back and replace the whole assembly with a new one.
    – aofkj
    Commented Oct 3, 2018 at 14:46

1 Answer 1


I called Kohler and they tried to help me realy nicely, they found it for me (http://www.us.kohler.com/us/catalog/svg_viewer.jsp?productId=415967&diagram=0) and you can see that there is a elbow at the bottom in which the horizontal and the vertical parts are screwed in, so now after years of the installation the rod has got already a lot build up on it and its VERY hard to take it out:-( (item is discontinued)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.