My bathroom has a white cabinet, where one of the doors has an adhesive rubber strip running down the inside of the door.

This is so when both doors are closed, you cant see a big black gap in the space where the door edges meet.

I need to replace one of them, as it has shattered, but Ive no idea what to search for? Do these little babies have a name?


I would probably call it a back plate, a span strip or a draft blocker.

I would probably be wrong, but that's what I would call them. I've never shopped for one on their own, I usually fabricate such things out of strips of hobby wood.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.