I have recently purchased a house and in checking out the wiring, noticed one room has a switched outlet that is miswired.
When the wall switch controlling this is on, the outlet is fine but when it is off, a tester shows the outlet has an open neutral.
I have yet to cut the power and open up the receptacles but what should I be looking for? Would this likely be a wiring issue in the outlet itself or at the switch? My personal guess would be that the switch is wired wrong but I've not run up against an open neutral issue before.