I've had my shower fitted for about 3 years and just yesterday it went bang and stopped working. (My wife was using it and says there was a blue flame!)
When I checked inside the unit I saw that the neutral wire was burned out along with the adjoining section of the connector block. The wire had become so hot it had actually melted into the casing.
I'd like to know why this might have happened, after it had been running fine for so long. How dangerous was it- could I have been given a shock if I'd been touching the casing when it blew up? Also I'd like to know whether repairing it is a job it is safe for me to undertake myself or do I need a qualified electrician.