I'm trying to install a new light fixture (I'm based in Canada in case that matters) and I am having some trouble figuring out which wires to connect to which.
The existing outlet has (see picture attached):
- A bunch of green wires twisted up together (is this ground?)
- A bunch of red wires twisted up together (what are these for??)
- A bunch of tan (white?) wires twisted up together (is this neutral?)
- A single brown (black?) wire (is this hot?)
The light fixture itself has (see picture attached)
- A single black wire (hot)
- A single white wire (neutral)
- A single copper wire (ground)
Do I went to connect up black to brown, white to tan, and copper to green?
If so what's red for?
Can anyone help me to confirm so I don't electrocute myself or burn down my place? :)
I have turned off all power from the circuit breaker (and tested its turned off before beginning). So I'm half kidding on the electrocution part (I hope)