I want to replace a rangehood which seems to be a very old model (As seen in the picture).

enter image description here

The width is 60cm wide and the height is about 7cm.

The problem is in the Sydney, Australia area, I am unable to find a equvianlent. Most of the them seem to require an exhaust. The model in the picture does not have an exhaust.

enter image description here

enter image description here

I would appreciate any pointer to find an equivalent of replacement to this unit in Sydney area.

  • 3
    Search using ductless. A fast search found them available in Australia.
    – crip659
    Aug 6 at 15:24

1 Answer 1


Most of them can just recirculate by blocking off the vent access - there's usually a removable plate. 60cm is standard size.
[It has to be said, though, that other than a tiny bit of grease collection, all they become useful for without external venting is as a light. The fan is just a noise, to all intents & purposes].

The trade calls this type a 'visor hood'.

enter image description here enter image description here

Click for full size

This is what Amazon UK returns for a search on "cooker visor hood"

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.