I need to identify the cartridge for a MOEN sink handle.

I need to know which cartridge to get, so I can purchuse the correct special tool for my sink. It is leaking, and I believe replacing the cartridge will solve this issue. If anyone knows how to go about this I would be greatful, thank you.

I will have a picture up when I get home to take one, but while I have the time I thought I would write the question.

  • 1
    Step one - call Moen technical support and see if they will send you one for free. Many of their faucets are "guaranteed for life" in residential use.
    – Ecnerwal
    Jun 12, 2021 at 19:43
  • @Ecnerwal Gawd damn it I already ordered it. That is really good advice though.
    – j D3V
    Jun 12, 2021 at 22:20

1 Answer 1


Okay so I just got home, and took the faucet apart and found a number on the actual cartridge. It was a 6 digit number on the bottem. I googled the number and a bunch of places selling my faucet popped up. I was able to click on one of the selling sites, and pull the model number from there. The odd thing was that the model number only contained 3 of the digits on the brass fixture that the cartridge goes it. Im taking a picture right now with my I-pad and will edit it in. Hope this helps someone!


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.