I've got a 1949 fixer-upper with water-stained drywall on walls and ceilings that measures only 3/8" thick instead of the usual 1/2". I want to update wiring and re-insulate so I'm thinking to demolish all the funky old drywall. (Because of the presumption of lead paint, I'll make sure it's done with necessary precautions.)
But the wood molding trim around windows, doors, and baseboard is quite decent - very good material in reasonable shape, but with (presumably) some lead paint.
Is it worth the effort to remove, repaint, and re-use the moldings? Better to remove them with pry-bar or use a recip saw (to cut the nails from behind)? Is the lead paint on moldings a deal-killer?