Moved to a new apartment, got a "furnished" kitchen. How do I fix this kitchen sink and tap connection?enter image description here

1 Answer 1


There should be a couple of threaded rods that are screwed into the body of the tap and stick out about an inch, pointing the same direction as the hoses. There should then be a rubber washer and a steel washer in a horseshoe shape with a couple of holes in them that slide onto the threaded rods from underneath the sink. When you tighten a nut on each of the rods, the washer clamps the tap onto the sink.

If yours are missing, you might search for a "monobloc tap fixing kit". Here's an example for illustration but you'll need to make sure you get one that fits your tap. enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.