I recently had a stove fitted and have used it 5 times in total each time it has set off my smoke alarm but the installer said this may happen as the stove needs to burn off the fuels and solvents, each time i have only lit small fires and let them burn out naturally.
The first time it gave off a horrible smell when burned the smell hasn't been as bad since but i still keep the room well ventilated.
My installer recommended i give it a good burn today to get rid of the smell totally and keep the bottom vent open, i did this and the fire was really roaring but now i have fine hairline cracks in my chimney breast and also cracks in the back panel. I spoke to the installer again and he said he had never heard of this before.
The chimney breast was warm to touch and so was the mantel. I'm seriously regretting having it fitted.
Any help would be appreciated?