What's the name of this curved cabinet overhang / mask? I can't figure it out. I assume it's to hide the unfinished side of the upper wall cabinet, and I need one, but I don't know what to look for.

What's it called

2 Answers 2


This is an arched valance with a mantel hood above it. For example:



That is a stove exhaust hood. Notice that it's above a stove top. Also notice the extension above the cabinet; this hides the the tubing loading to a roof vent.

  • right, I'm looking for the name of the cabinet extension - or is it just called cabinet extension ?
    – Matt
    Commented Jan 4, 2017 at 20:55
  • @Matt Just to clarify: you're asking about the part above the cabinets? This is confusing since you drew an arrow pointing at the hood.
    – DoxyLover
    Commented Jan 4, 2017 at 21:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.