I believe the wiring in my apartment is bad. I plugged an appliance into an outlet near my kitchen and heard a click. I think the click was a GFCI outlet. I checked the breakers in my breaker box, and none of them were toggled. All of my breakers were in their on/enabled state.
There is a GFCI outlet in my kitchen that doesn't appear to be operating correctly. If I press the "test" or "reset" buttons, nothing happens. There is no power to this GFCI or any of the outlets in the vicinity of it. I cannot find a way to restore power to any of these outlets.
Does my apartment have bad wiring? What should I do about this?