water is dripping down my faucet as seen/highlighted red in the picture, only when I am pouring water over faucet to clean it up. The blue highlighted part is where I used to spray with spray bottle to clean the mold (lack of better word). Please let me know how can I fix this nuisance.

enter image description here

  • I would drizzle clear Elmer's glue in there, maybe watered down so it penetrates. A few daily applications and it should dry and fill the void w/o fogging (don't use superglue) or making a permanent modification to the sink.
    – dandavis
    Commented Jun 2, 2023 at 4:20

1 Answer 1


There should be a gasket/putty/caulking under the faucet.

Remove the faucet, clean all old sealing, and replace the sealing or use a sponge to wipe the top down instead of water/spray.

  • thanks for the reply. I am a very newbie. Any idea which sealing to use, and clean and replace? Commented Jun 1, 2023 at 15:32
  • @programmerboy If not a gasket, then plumbers putty or silicon caulk will work. A cheap(labour) fast hack would be to just clean the bottom of the joint of the faucet and sink, and use some silicon caulk along the edge.
    – crip659
    Commented Jun 1, 2023 at 15:38
  • do you mean to say, lift the faucet from the blue area by unscrewing from bottom (red area), apply the caulk around the holes, and put the faucet back on? Commented Jun 2, 2023 at 14:01
  • @programmerboy Caulking/sealing goes between the outside edge of faucet base and top of the sink. The outside edge will then sit on the caulking and squeezing the caulking down onto the sink top.
    – crip659
    Commented Jun 2, 2023 at 14:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.