Below is my current understanding of end-to-end project for installing a garage security flood light. Wonder whether this is NEC 2017 code compliant or not. Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome!
- An outlet is protected by 20 amp breaker
- There is no attic access (another room above)
- Install 4 in. PVC Round Weatherproof Box with Five 3/4 in. Outlets
- Glue 2 male adapters on 6" PVC and stick it through the wall
- Use THHN to go from the round box to a junction box
Use 3/4 in. ACC Non-Metallic Strain Relief in central outlet [goes into a wall] Use UF-B 12/2 cable to go through the wall
- How to screw something to the external wall like this (with and without a stud)?
- Should I cover all 4 remaining outlets? Or should I leave the bottom one open?
- Use Wiremold 700 series to extend a ceiling outlet (protected by 20 amp breaker), use it as a conduit and a junction box
- Use 12/2 THHN wires from the outlet to the junction box
UF-B 12/2 cable12/2 THHN wires to go through the wall (in PVC pipe)
- I would like to have an ability to turn off this security flood light. Is it allowed to install a switch in unreachable location (> 9 feet)?