Apartment I moved into has a light with 5 halogen bulbs - rated 20W, 12V each.
I'd like to replace the current on/off switch for all of them, with a dimmer, but concerned there might be issues to be aware of.
Would something like this be safe?
- 240V 10 Amp Single 1 Gang Light Dimmer Switch
- Push On/Off with Rotary Dimming 400W/400VA
- Max. Load: 400W. Min. Load: 60W. Leading edge type. Derating required with mains halogen lamps.
- 2 Way Switching - can be used as 1 Way
- Suitable for mains/low voltage lighting in 1 or 2 way circuits
If it has a min load of 60W, what would happen if 3 of the bulbs blew - drawing just 40W. Is this unsafe?