This little sunken porch area stays dry, mostly. There's what looks like an old relief drain in the wall that lets water in. Its kinda dirty in there, and very uneven. Is there any hope in sealing such a thing from the front, and if so what type of product would be worth a shot?

The soils are clay in the area. enter image description here

  • Is the outside above or below ground?
    – Tyson
    Jan 19, 2018 at 15:14

1 Answer 1


Since it is leaking I would guess it is below grade, lucky it is only a couple of feet. First I would dig out the area at the crack now the tough part , clean the wall at the crack (a pressure washer is handy in this case). I would fill the crack with hydraulic cement and let it cure then coat the area with a water proof coating last refill the hole.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.