Computer nerd venturing in the world of repairing my own junk other than code.
In my former job, I did a variety of things such as
- training people,
- documenting how things worked,
- adding features or fixing bugs in a legacy PHP codebase,
- setting up Windows web servers with IIS (yes, they were WIMP-y),
- setting up securities on web servers - content security policy and updating the cipher suites used (I've turned a C-grade server into an A-grade server based on SSL Labs),
- setting up SharePoint sites and permissions,
- working with SSO vendors to set up CAS or SAML SSO,
- maintaining and updating in-house PL/SQL packages and modifications,
- changing branding and deploying mobile apps to Google Play and Apple App stores (did not develop these).
I also did some front-end development when needed, but I'm quite behind in new technologies, I'm learning CSS3, ES6 and adjusting to the new (to me) front-end workflow which uses node and a variety of other packages.
On my own time, I've been learning Linux administrating for a production level server, and teaching myself nginx using local VMs or my VPS. I'm updating my skillset and getting a stronger grasp on CS.
Avatar taken from the nemu-nemu webcomic
Member for 4 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jul 17 at 23:51