A tag is a keyword or label that categorizes your question with other, similar questions. Using the right tags makes it easier for others to find and answer your question.

× 63
For question dealing with 120/240V single split phase electrical circuits.
× 221
For questions dealing with 240 volt electrical circuits, devices, and equipment. This tag covers the similar voltages as well (i.e. 220, 230, etc), since they generally refer to the same thing. Use wi…
× 1
× 1
× 262
A substance used for sticking objects or materials together.
× 7
Please do not use this tag.
× 96
safety switches, similar to GFCI, that are used to detect electrical arcing and shutoff power to prevent the risk of fire.
× 9
used to cool the air in the home. It may be part of an HVAC or central air system connected to ducts distributing forced air throughout the home. It may also be a standalone u…
× 731
For general questions regarding cooling your home.
× 2
× 42
Aluminum wires were used for branch circuits in some older houses between the 60s and the late 70s. They are no longer used for residential branch-circuit wiring due to fire risk (old AA-1350) and ec…
× 10
collectable due to its great age
× 404
For questions relating to powered consumer products that perform some value-added task within a home, including but not limited to hot water heaters, stoves/ovens, dishwashers, refrigerators, etc. For…
× 1