Stack Exchange Network

Stack Exchange network consists of 175 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.

Visit Stack Exchange


A tag is a keyword or label that categorizes your question with other, similar questions. Using the right tags makes it easier for others to find and answer your question.

× 195
For questions generally relating to outdoor ground-level flooring areas such as patios.
× 186
used to protect electrical wires, when a simple jacket alone is not enough. Conduit may be metal or plastic (PVC). Use with the [electrical] tag.
× 185
For questions about [light] fixtures that are recessed into a building surface, usually a ceiling.
× 176
Questions about residential swimming pools
× 172
Used for questions relating to the installation and maintenance of carpets and rugs. Includes the carpet material, padding, rug matting, and connection methods.
× 171
For questions dealing with 240 Volt electrical circuits, devices, and equipment.
× 167
For questions generally relating to the prevention of transmission of sound from one enclosed area into another or between interior and exterior spaces.
× 164
a container used to enclose electrical connections (junctions).
× 163
A kitchen appliance with burners (cook top, stove top, hob) and an oven, typically used to heat foodstuffs.
× 163
Questions about ways to measure and improve the ability to get useful work out of devices that consume energy. This includes coal, oil and gas as well as electricity.
× 156
A load bearing wall supports the structure above it, and thus cannot be removed without replacing that support. Use with the [walls] tag
× 154
Questions related to automation of home elements like: heating, ventilation, air conditioning, light, audio-video systems, security, intercoms and domestic robotics. For questions related to the Inter…
× 151
For questions related to resolving a smell or odor.
× 149
Questions regarding installation, removal, painting of baseboard (otherwise known as skirting board, skirting, mopboard, floor molding, or base molding).