New answers tagged

4 votes

Identify this wall texture please. Thanks!

I have seen this done with what I call a plaster brush. Marshalltown (no affiliation) makes the one shown below. Soft bristles that can be loaded with thinned down mud and applied by hitting it flat ...
user avatar
  • 1,109
0 votes

Help identifying type of texture on walls

I think norcaljohnny's assessment is spot on. You can see the lines where it was either sanded, or those could be brush strokes. Either way, it's evidence of a touch up. Orange peel and knockdown are ...
user avatar
  • 56
3 votes

Dull paint spots

As mentioned in a comment by RetiredATC, If you didn't prime the whole area first, you'll see differences in the sheen of the paint depending on texture and composition of the surface you're painting ...
user avatar
  • 1,715

Top 50 recent answers are included