New answers tagged


It may have a chunk of hair on it wiggle up and down while pulling out. Be prepared to pull the trap as everything stuck on this shaft will possibly slip down 1 wife , 3 girls , 6 granddaughters and all but one has very long hair , I have to clean drains in my current house all the time I liked my 3 bath house better I did not have to do it so often.


Find and examine an exposed edge on your laminate somewhere -- most easy to find is where the front edge abuts with a wood trim strip (in custom countertop designs) or where it wraps around the front of the countertop (more common with the manufactured type with integrated backsplash). You'll be able to see the dark color of the laminate substrate and also ...


A simple and cheap solution is a flexible drain unclog stick (there's no real accepted trade name). They have hooks or tabs on the sides to grip things in the drain and pull them back out. Most hardware and general purpose stores carry them.


If you absolutely, positively, must know for certain that you've hooked the earring, the whole earring, and nothing but the earring, then you want an endoscope: An inexpensive USB or WiFi endoscope with attachments costs somewhere around $10 US. All you need to do is connect the endoscope to a phone or a laptop and use it like a webcam. Using the hook ...


You could try a flexible claw pickup. Press the end, the claws open, let go and they close:


I'd be going at it with a strongest vacuum you can come up with. Maybe put a nylon stocking over the end of the hose so the earring doesn't get damaged flying down the pipe.


A crapshoot might be your best shot. Try getting a few pipe cleaners and bend a hook on the ends and go fishing. They are flexible and won't wedge the earring further down the drain. Some light gauge wire, like bell wire, would probably work too.


The scenario you've described is not ideal. The faucet was manufactured to a sub-optimal design. In this case, you must either select a different faucet, or improvise. Chicago Faucet has been using this same type of design on their wall and deck faucets for many years. They use an adhesive on their straight threads from the factory. @DaveInCaz suggested you ...


I just used a small flathead screwdriver and a hammer to cut the little plastic fins down on the inside and the plastic cone fell off. You can see the plastic fins when you look down the drain and turn the plastic cone.


they make a horizontal extension's on Amazon I've used two with great success


This looks like sound-deadening material (a dense, rubbery paint). If so, its only purpose is to reduce the noise of pots and pans banging in the sink, or to tone down the racket of a garbage disposal. It can safely be removed, covered with a sound-deadening mat, or overcoated with a rubberized paint. As Jack asks, is there some chemical or abrasion causing ...


The white material that is flaking off looks like an insulation/sound deadening coat applied by the sink manufacturer. It wasn't supposed to come off. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a quick & easy solution. The white material looks friable (it breaks up into dust). I see the white dust on your garbage disposal unit. If the sink is over a couple ...

Top 50 recent answers are included