New answers tagged


Yes, you can do that. Just cap the neutral for future use in the box. You can leave it connected in the breaker panel.


Cap the neutral off and you’re done. However, since your breaker is 2-pole with common trip, you’re perfectly allowed to eat your cake and have it too. You can replace one side’s receptacle with either a dual NEMA 6-15 a dual or single NEMA 6-20, or a combo NEMA 5-20 NEMA 6-20, giving one socket of each. Come off the hot of the other receptacle to the 2nd ...

Top 50 recent answers are included