Hot answers tagged

2

Obviously the root problem is too much humidity in that area and fixing that properly would mean adding ventilation to get the warm and moist air outside. Short of that, I can think of two things you might do: Clean the area with a chlorine bleach solution (not 100% bleach) but something like 1 cup to a gallon of water. Wear gloves as this will burn your ...


1

I think you should remove all the silicone then use a bit of bleach to clean the area well to kill any remaining mold. Let it dry thoroughly and then put a new bead of silicone there. You mention this is a rental property. You may want to talk with the landlord about this. If there is mold, then water is getting behind the silicone and potentially causing ...


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible