New answers tagged


These are copper press fit connectors. They have "o"rings installed at each end of the connector. Once the connectors are in place, they are crimped with a special, and expensive, tool. They are supposed to be as good as sweating and Sharkbite connectors but they are not reusable.


Those fittings are crimped on with a very expensive machine and are good if done properly. If not done well they leak straight away and I had to have the plumber come back to do a few on stainless pipe...


Water is apparently leaking from the bottom fitting of the galvanized union and causing corrosion of the galvanized steel pipe. Remove the union, clean the threads , apply pipe dope ( I prefer teflon tape) and reassemble tightly to prevent future leaks. The rusted pipe could be wire brushed clean and will not rust if kept dry.

Top 50 recent answers are included