I spent a couple of days sanding this deck and aside from a few boards that need to be partially replaced it is in good condition. I also plan to fill in a few holes with wood putty.

But I'm confused about whether I need to use a deckover or just a stain. enter image description here


With the weathered surface I would suggest a product like restore. I have used this on several decks with really nice results for weathered decking. This will cover the areas you use wood putty so the repairs are invisible. My last home had a large deck that I used this on with the roller they recommended and it was an excellent finish and covered 3 diferent ages and types of wood.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.