I have what I think is a Grohe 19624 Shower thermostat like this the one shown here: http://www.guillens.com/index.jsp?path=product&part=392046.

It is leaking and I need to get it apart to replace some o-rings. But, I can't for the life of me figure out how you get the handle off. There is no visible set screw anywhere. Does anyone have any idea how to get the handle off so I can get to the innards?

This is about a 16 year old part that is now discontinued so extensive internet searches have not turned up any installation or maintenance documentation. Also, because it's discontinued, I don't want to take any risk of damaging the part in trying to disassemble it either.

The exploded diagram in the above link implies that the cap would come off the end, but no amount of persuasion indicates that the cap would come off without breaking something.

Here's a picture:

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.