This is about tie wire that is used in rebars in construction (e.g.: RCC beam and slab).

Sometimes I hear people say "tire wire" instead of "tie wire". Is "tire wire" a valid alternative terminology to "tie wire"? If it is, could someone provide links to prove its usage?


  • 2
    I have never heard the term tire wire. I have heard folks with regional accents (southern drawl) pronounce it with a variation. – spicetraders Sep 18 '16 at 14:19
  • 1
    If they're legitimately calling it 'tire wire' it's because it's a laborious process. The term isn't official in any respects. – Chris Sep 18 '16 at 19:47

It has always been "tie wire". Just do a search, that is all you will come up with.

  • Agree tie wire is what it is+ – Ed Beal Sep 18 '16 at 16:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.