This fiba tape stuff protrudes from my drywall. Are you supposed to sand it? I don't see the use of it for patching a hole if it's thicker than my texture. Looks bad.


Or is this user error?

enter image description here


1 Answer 1


You need a putty knife, and some joint compound to apply over the top of it; the mesh provides some structure over the hole, you build it up just a little higher than the undamaged area, and feather it smooth; when you sand it, you will be sanding the compound, not the mesh. If you are careful applying the compound, very little sanding should be needed.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.