So I have a gas fireplace that originally didn't have a fan installed. And this issue occurs whether or not the fan is connected or not.
The issue is that whenever the fan switch is placed in the on position the flame will go out if the fireplace is on, or not be able to light if it was off before.
I'm assuming it has something to do with the electric pilot, since when the fan switch is in the ON position, I can't hear the click sound that my electric pilot does. However I thought my electric pilot was battery powered (by 2 D batteries) so I don't understand why the switch would cause issues.
Also this fireplace runs on propane not NG.