Need help with fixture. How do I tighten retaining ring on lamp sconce with out retaining ring wrench? Thanks

  • I usually use a long flat blade screwdriver and tighten it by hitting the nut on an edge with a screwdriver with another tool some times a hammer, sometimes a pair of players, many times pliers are tough to get in there but a flat blade screwdriver with a smack on the edge I tighten everything from 3/8 to 6" conduit. – Ed Beal Dec 14 '18 at 2:10

Channel Locks or Crescent wrench if you can fit it in there. If not buy a wrench replacement. I see them going for $4 at Sears and Walmart.



enter image description here

  • Or properly adjusted vice-grips. – Wayfaring Stranger Oct 11 '18 at 19:34
  • I have never seen or used a wrench like that for a fixture. Electricians use channel lock type pliers and or a driver like a chizzle or screwdriver to tighten nuts. – Ed Beal Dec 14 '18 at 2:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.