enter image description hereI have a kitchen sink that is not attached to a counter. I am trying to replace an old one to a new one. It has a two handle lever and for the life of me I can not remove the handles and the valves. They are not the screw on top handles. I've looked on line with no results.Can anyone help me?

enter image description here

  • Can you please post a picture. – bib Sep 9 '16 at 11:48
  • At the back of the chrome lever handle there may be a hard-to-see and hard-to-reach grub-screw which can be removed with a hex key allowing the handle to be pulld off upwards. This may then allow you to progressively remove the rest of the fitting. – RedGrittyBrick Sep 9 '16 at 14:20

Turn off the water supply for the faucet where you are removing the stem. Check underneath the faucet for a shut-off valve. They usually have round or oval knobs. Rotate the knob clockwise until it stops to cut off the water supply.Remove the faucet handle, if present. Use the edge of a flat-bladed screwdriver or knife to pop off the faucet screw cap, which is usually concealed as the "Hot" or "Cold" label. Remove the faucet screw with a Phillips screwdriver and lift the faucet off the tap. Other faucet handles may be held in place with a hex screw on the underside which should be unscrewed with a hex screwdriver. The handle can then be pulled off.

  • The photos show that the faucet is in fact no longer connected to a supply line. And there is no bottom nut. – DaveM Jul 6 '17 at 13:27

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.