I want to permanently two Pergo pieces to make a longer piece. Could I simply use wood glue for this?enter image description here


jut cut a tongue into one and a groove in the other. glue and you are done

  • I'm not that good with carpentry. Is there a special tool you can use for that?
    – user7014
    Aug 25 '16 at 19:18
  • there are many special tools you can use, all of them exceedingly dangerous in the hands of someone "not that good with carpentry". instead of buying a few hundred dollars worth of chisels and planes or routers and bits, just take it to a local wood shop and ask them to do it for you. it probably wont cost more than $50-$100, and it will avoid any trips to the emergency room Aug 25 '16 at 19:35
  • in retrospect, if you want to go slow and do it yourself, it could be done with a handsaw and a wood file (for the groove), and a speed square and a good olfa type knife. just go slow and use a good table to hold it steady. good luck. Aug 25 '16 at 19:37

I would not use wood glue. Try a non-water based adhesive to avoid swelling, and T & G the joint as mentioned by others.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.