I would like to drill a hole in the wall for a barrel bolt, similar to the photo below:


However, instead of having a bare hole in the wall, is there a piece of hardware I can buy to fit a metal reinforcement into the hole? The barrel bolt would slide into this metal reinforcement.

I am asking because I don't know if such things exist.



1 Answer 1


I would buy a bolt that includes the part you seek

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

OK, it might not be exactly what you thought you needed, but it is what everyone else uses to securely locate the bolt end in the frame.

If you have an electric hand drill you can easily make one of these yourself if necessary.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.