I've just decorated my front room, but the skirting boards and cabinets are too glossy and I'm looking for a way to turn them matte. Is there a product or method which I can use to remove the shine?

3 Answers 3


Sanding with a very fine grit. And then possibly repainting with a matte finish if the results aren't good enough to your liking.


Used a matte varnish in the end :)


I think steel wool would be easier to use.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.