Please can someone advise what is the correct name for these screws? I went to a local DIY store but couldn't seem to get them.

enter image description here enter image description here

1 Answer 1


That is a sheet metal screw with a Phillips head.

It is very similar to a flange-head screw and somewhat similar to a pan-head screw.

  • 2
    Screws with a built in washer head are often called cabinet screws (at least in the US).
    – bib
    Aug 22, 2016 at 15:31
  • 3
    "Truss-head" I would say. An odd use of the word truss, but it's a thing.
    – Ecnerwal
    Aug 22, 2016 at 16:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.