I've got an outlet in my kitchen that I have several appliances plugged into: a microwave, a cordless phone, and a Keurig coffee maker. If I leave the Keurig coffee maker plugged in to the outlet, after a few minutes the power will cut out on the circuit. It happens anywhere from 3 to 30 minutes after I leave it plugged in. Usually that's enough time to make some coffee in the morning, and then I just unplug it.
It does NOT trip the circuit breaker - if I unplug the coffee maker and leave it alone for a few hours, the power comes back on. If I leave the coffee maker unplugged, the power stays on indefinitely, as evidenced by the clock on the microwave continuing to keep the correct time.
It's seemingly not related to the load - I can run the coffee maker and the microwave together just fine, which is the highest load the circuit would get, if the power is on; and it happens even when the microwave, phone, and coffee maker are idle -essentially just running the clock on the microwave, a small light on the phone base, and the touch screen for the coffee maker.
I'm using a six-port adapter over the standard wall outlet (like so). I've already replaced this with a brand new one, and it still happens (I suspect there was nothing wrong with the old one, but I've since thrown it away anyway). I've also already replaced the outlet.
What could be causing this? I have to think it's related to the coffee maker since it doesn't happen if it isn't plugged in, but I'm hesitant to get rid of the coffee maker since Keurig machines are relatively expensive, and more importantly, my wife "really likes it". I don't understand how one device could cause a power outage not related to the circuit breaker, and then keep the power off after it's unplugged, and then have the power recover.