I have been mired in this rabbit hole of picking a flooring for my new condo. I cannot glue or nail into concrete so I either I double floor it with plywood then hardood or I float. I have been reading how solid wood floors cannot be floated as commandment. Then I stumble across this company Junckers that offers a clip system that allows floating of hardwood over concrete Junckers Clip System.

I wondering how bad things can get if I ensure proper expansion spacing and humidity control of an above grade floor. I will have a moisture barrier down as well.

I wanted to get opinion of this particular scenario and if anyone had any experience working with the Junckers system.

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer 1


A product called 'DRIcore' (or similar) would work. DRIcore comes as 2ft x 2ft tongue-and-groove panels made from OSB with a solid plastic bottom. You fit them/install them on top of your substrate (concrete in this case), and then the material they're made of can be nailed into.


  • I confirm that I have seen Dricore used with laminate and hardwood over concrete floors in basements. Works great but a water flood is still a rebuild even with the plastic bottom.
    – kevinskio
    Aug 19, 2016 at 19:35
  • @kevinsky How high does it raise the floor, do I have to worry about doors and the like? Aug 19, 2016 at 19:38
  • @TheCodeNovice total height is around one inches. Not a problem with doors unless you are very tall. Could be tricky for your use where you transition to other areas where it concrete + carpet and one inche lower
    – kevinskio
    Aug 19, 2016 at 19:40
  • @kevinsky Can these things be cut or am I stuck with the square shapes? Aug 19, 2016 at 19:43
  • @TheCodeNovice Sure you can cut them with a circular saw or jigsaw, complex shapes are harder to cut.
    – kevinskio
    Aug 19, 2016 at 19:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.