0

This mold-like substance has been growing onto my carpet from the baseboard. I had the carpet cut out and replaced and also sprayed and scraped up the mold on the wood. I came home last night to see it coming back.

It doesn't feel like mold at all, it almost feels like spilled wax. Is it dangerous? How do I get rid of it permanently?

enter image description here

  • Have you checked for insects? I can't really tell from the picture, but it could be a termite tunnel. – HMSCelestia Aug 15 '16 at 20:50
  • Some molds are slimy and not the usual dry. Is there any plumbing nearby? A/C condensate lines, bathrooms above and beside? – RomaH Aug 15 '16 at 21:07
  • Is there moisture there? – ThreePhaseEel Aug 15 '16 at 23:16

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.